30 August 2010

Wisdom Teeth: The Saga Continues

I had all four wisdom teeth pulled last Thursday.  Two of them were normal extractions, but the other two were surgical, and the lower left in particular was a piece of work.  Half in, half out, and being a bully.  I'm back eating solid food again, but I've quit the pain medication despite a need for it; my tolerances have risen, so despite knowing my pain has decreased, to make a dent in it, I would have to up my dosage to 2 vikes and 3 ibuprofen, compared to the one Vicodin I had started with.  Due to dry socket complications, I had a second prescription for Vicodin, but that sits forlornly in bathroom, not even half empty.  I stopped before I could not stop. 

I'm currently typing this on 2 ibuprofen to take the edge off.  I'm also currently on anti-nausea medication that is normally prescribed for cancer patients due to the packing my sockets have been packed with; they leak clove oil and anesthetic, which makes me nauseous.  Why I'm nauseous today, however, is a question; sick of it poking me in the cheek, I pull the last bit of stuffing out Sunday and rinsed thoroughly with salt water.  I haven't been sleeping well either.  I do try to get in 8 hours, but it's been broken up and in fragments since last Thursday.

Was there an earthquake at 4:25 AM Central time?  I was jolted out of my sleep when my apartment vibrated, it seemed. I was lying on my bed, and I felt my fingers drumming at a rapid rate on the mattress -- but I wasn't doing it.  I lay there for about a minute, waiting for something.  Then I went out to the main room to see if something had fallen, but nope, the kitties were asleep and not causing mischief. 

At least, I hope it was an earthquake.  Otherwise, I wonder if I had a seizure and came out of it during a dream.

As I said, many very weird dreams lately, usually composed of someone meeting a sticky end in a quasi cartoonish, always horrific fashion.  Post trauma from surgery, who knows?  Either way, I need to get my act straight by tomorrow -- first day of classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment